Private Sector Housing Officer
22.5 hours per week
Two year temporary contract
South West Surrey
Are you looking
- to make a positive difference to the lives of people living in poor housing conditions?
- for a role that will actively invest in your professional development?
- to be part of an experienced and enthusiastic team?
Do you have:
- a working knowledge of current environmental health legislation
- experience in undertaking property inspections and identifying building defects
- a qualification in a relevant field that enables you to inspect properties and write schedules of works. This is the perfect opportunity to use your skills and also develop skills in those areas where you have not yet had direct experience.
As part of our experienced and enthusiastic Private Sector Housing Team, you will be carrying out private sector housing enforcement including the use of HHSRS assessments and deal with a range of other enquiries including HMO licensing and complaints, complaints of harassment and illegal eviction, public health funerals, immigration inspections and grant enquiries for adaptations and home improvements.
This post is a part time role, ideally working 22.5 hours per week however the number of hours and your preferred working pattern will be considered.
I look forward to hearing from you and if you would welcome an informal discussion about this career opportunity, please contact me:
Simon Brisk, Private Sector Housing Manager, on 01483 523421.
When applying for the role please provide an up to date CV.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Monday 30 October 2017.
Interview date: Tuesday 7 November 2017.
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert.